Recognized by his colleagues, contemporaries and country, Clem Bowman is nonetheless looking ahead to a next generation of problem solving - notably through ProGrid.
- 25 year "Meritorious Service Medal," University of Toronto Alumni Association, 1977
- Queen Elizabeth II 25 year Jubilee Medal, 1977
- K.A. Clark Distinguished Service Award, 1989.
- Centennial APEGGA Award, 1989.
- Alberta Achievement Award, 1991
- Canadian Research Management Association Medalist, 1991
- Alberta Science and Technology Leadership Award, 1991
- R.S. Jane Memorial Award, 1993
- Commemorative Medal for 125th Anniversary of Confederation of Canada
- Member of the Order of Canada, 1994
- Canadian Academy of Engineering Distinguished Service Award, 2007
- Laureate of the Global Energy International Prize, April 2008
- Inductee to the Canadian Petroleum Hall of Fame, 2013
- Honorary Degree, Doctor of Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, 2013
- Honorary Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering, 2014